AdminSock provides a TCP/IP socket interface between enterprise security administration software and the ClearPath MCP security system. It presents a simple method of updating user entries in the Userdatafile and COMS Cfile on a ClearPath MCP system via a batch input on a Microsoft Windows-based system. Entries may be created, modified, renamed, and deleted. In addition, a list of all defined users may be retrieved, and either all or individual entries may be enquired upon.
- MCP/AS agent for an enterprise-wide security server
- Two modes of operation - Interactive and Silent
- Userdatafile and COMS Cfile maintenance
- Reconciliation function
- Validation function
- English-text commands
UserSock provides a TCP/IP socket interface to client-server applications in which end-users bypass the traditional MARC sign-on procedure.
- Simple method of introducing access controls
- Four functions available - User validation, Password aging information, Password generation and Password change
- Sample code provided to ease the integration process between UserSock and the client application
- Bundled with Safe & Secure
The way in which UserSock’s functions are integrated with an organisation’s client-server application is dependent on the organisation’s development staff. Locum provides sample code to ease the integration process.